00 - 01
Research has shown that success at GCSE, A-Level and BTEC courses is dependent on three main factors:
- Content knowledge
- Academic skill
- Non-cognitive skill
During VESPA sessions, we look at developing the non-cognitive component. These are broken down into five key areas:
- Vision: How well do you know what you want to achieve?
- Effort: How many hours of independent work do you do?
- Systems: How do you organise your learning and organise your time?
- Practice: What kind of work do you do to practice your skills?
- Attitude: How do you respond to setbacks?
Each month we focus on one area to get students to reflect on how they can develop their non-cognitive skills to be successful in anything that they do.